Difference between revisions of "Solving Common Xen Problems"
m (Text replacement - "<google>BUY_XEN_ESSENTIALS</google>" to "<htmlet>xen</htmlet>")
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
Latest revision as of 18:50, 29 May 2016
|Previous||Table of Contents|
|Migrating Xen domainU Guests Between Host Systems|
|Purchase and download the full PDF and ePub versions of this Xen eBook for only $8.99|
A number of different problems can occur during the boot process of the Xen guest system. Solutions to common Xen problems are as follows:
- Xen guest domainU migration fails with Error: can't connect: No route to host message
- Windows Server 2008 Xen HVM installation fails - Firmware (BIOS) is not ACPI compatible
- Xen mouse pointer appears in the wrong position in VNC console
- Device not visible in Xen domainU guest when using xm block-attach command to add a disk or CD-ROM/DVD drive
- Xen domainU Guest has an IP address on 192.168.122 subnet instead of the subnet to which the domain0 host belongs
- Ubuntu DomainU Fails to boot with "Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Could not find bridge, and none was specified".
- Ubuntu Xen Guest (DomU) Hangs after EXT3-fs: mounted filesystem with ordered data mode message
- Ubuntu Xen System Boot Hangs After Setting System Clock Message
- Xen domainU fails to boot with a "Xen Guest OS Fails to Boot with Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)" error message
- A Xen Guest OS fails to boot with a "switchroot: mount failed: No such file or directory error message" error message.
- Xen CentOS/Fedora/Red Hat Guest OS Hangs During Boot
- Xen domainU Boot Fails with Invalid kernel / ERROR: Not a Xen-ELF image Message